Graduate Research Enhancement Grants
This program is designed to provide DPS graduate students with funds to pursue an opportunity to enhance their graduate education experience. The proposed project/opportunity must be clearly distinct from the project used to fulfill the MS/PhD research requirements.
- Students may receive up to $750 from this program.
- Students are limited to one travel award or one research enhancement award per academic year (1 August – 31 July).
- This program is available to MS students who have submitted their M1 form (Program of Study) and to PhD students who have submitted their D2 form (Program of Study).
- Complete applications are submitted to the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Fall Semester deadline: 15 November.
- Winter semester deadline: 15 April.
Please note that the number of awards made each semester will be determined by the availability of funds.
To apply please provide:
- A one page description of your research enhancement project. Include your name and your adviser’s name at the top of this page.
- Be sure to explain how this research project/opportunity will enhance your graduate educational experience. It should be clear to the reader how the proposed project differs from the research you are conducting for your thesis/dissertation.
- Provide a detailed explanation of the costs associated with the project. Both the applicant and adviser must sign this page.
- Non-expendable supplies purchased with these funds become the property of DPS upon the completion of the student’s project.
- All purchases must be complete within 6 months of receiving the grant