This program is designed to assist Division of Plant Sciences graduate students in attending regional, national and international professional meetings.
- Students may receive up to $750 for a regional or national meeting and up to $1000 for an international meeting.
- Students may use travel award funds to attend one scientific meeting per calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31).
- Complete applications must be received by the Director of Graduate Studies two weeks prior to the first day of the meeting.
- Please note that the number of awards made each semester will be determined by the availability of funds.
To apply please provide:
- A completed application form signed by the student and adviser.
- A copy of the abstract of the presentation to be made at the meeting (required).
- A copy of the meeting announcement which includes the location and dates of the meeting
If your application is approved, then you will be reimbursed for your expenses up to the limit of the award. During your trip, be sure to keep your receipts for air fare, lodging, and registration. Keep track of your meal expenses. When you return, fill out a travel reimbursement request, sign it and the give it to the Director of Graduate Studies to complete processing.