Division of Plant Sciences
- Annual budget preparation and administration. Assist the director with preparing the budget and presenting it to the Dean's on an annual basis. Book budgets into the PeopleSoft system. Address any account deficits and correct before fiscal close. Transfer annual AES/Hatch allocations to individual faculty account. Coordinate and process all annual salary increases.
- Administer Hatch/AES funds. Ensure faculty with AES/research appointments have active station projects and their salary and expenses are applied to the correct program codes to ensure we record our annual federal expenditures accurately.
- Account management. Reconcile the division accounts monthly and provide reports to PI's with allocations in the division accounts. This includes Admin, Teaching, Supplemental Fees, Extension, RIF, and FPC (Fixed-Price Contracts).
- Administer the IPG/F21C cluster funds and provide reports to the cluster director on a monthly basis.
- Administer the RIF allocation and process annual grant incentive payments to the faculty.
- Human Resource Management. Process layoffs and leave of absences. Assist with HR disciplinary issues.
- Oversee grants management for the division. Address any problems that arise with post-award funding issues and ensure there are adequate funds to meet the required match on submitted proposals.
- Manage division GRA student fund.
- Serve as the chair of the division space committee and assign graduate student desk space.
- Coordinate all division renovation projects.
- Supervise division fiscal staff.