Christa L. Smith
Division of Plant Sciences
- Division Director's Calendar – schedule and coordinate appointments.
- Academic Evaluator Duties – issue permission numbers; coordinate course and catalog changes, manage course evaluation process; collect and manage graduate student annual reports; coordinate graduate student application process; schedule rooms for courses; textbook coordinator; enter grades; primary contact for Registrar's office, Graduate School and Faculty with respect to student's questions; coordinate new graduate students orientation.
- Academic Recruitment – guide process from position advertisement to approval of applicant. Coordinate interview process with search committee chairperson.
- Graduate Education & Research Committee – schedule meetings and generate minutes.
- Key Coordinator – request keys for division employees.
- Telephone - request long distance codes and changes for division employees. Order phone service as needed.
- Staff Performance Appraisal Coordinator – collect completed forms from supervisors and attain signature of division director. Maintain checklist and forward to ABS upon completion.
- Capital Equipment Inventory – update quarterly reports for fixed assets valued over $5000.
- Vehicle Inventory – report mileage, fuel usage, maintenance costs and insurance MoCodes annually for all division owned vehicles.
- Coordinate division room reservations. Maintain class schedules for classrooms each semester.
- International Student & Scholar Services – serve as contact; prepare documentation for signatures and submit documentation.
- Travel Arrangements – Arrange travel details such as airline tickets, Mo-X transport to and from the airport, hotel accommodations and car rental for various individuals as needed.
- Faculty Files – create new files for new faculty and maintain files on current faculty.
- Manages Faculty and Graduate Student email distribution lists.